Sunday, February 13, 2005

Setting Sail

My apologies to those who don’t know yet… I have been extremely busy.

I have departed the wonderful Architecture firm HEWV and started my own Company (I'll get you a web-address when I get one).
I’ve been doing freelance work on the side for quite some time and had finally reached the point where I was getting no sleep at all.

My last day was 11Feb05… and tomorrow morning will be my first day at my new OFFICE! (home)
The kids are all excited because they think I don’t have to ‘GO TO WORK’ tomorrow… little do they know that I will certainly be going to work!
Quite possibly even more than before!

I am going to be quite holistic in my approach to an Architecture/Design Firm. (3 main areas)

1. I am going to be doing quite a bit of Master Planning, Site and Building Design, Feasibility Studies and Preliminary Design. I'm going to try to lay low on shop drawings, bathroom and stair design and specifications!)
2. Along with this I will be creating Architectural Graphics (pretty pictures of what the design will hopefully look like when it’s done) – Site and Buildings alike.
3. And lastly I will be Training people to use an incredible program that I have become quite proficient at – SketchUp. I hope in the future to train Autodesk Products like ADT and Revit... but we’ll see how that goes.

For now… I’m going to go for it and remember the slogan my fellow comrades used to quote in my days with the US Navy Seals…

“The only easy day was yesterday”!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

My wonderful brother,
Congratulations on your new job!!! We too are close to stepping off the end of the plank and plunging into the "Working for yourself",abyss.
For now this appears to be the best way to reach you by e-mail. Your new dog, Biscuit, sounds like a keeper.(finally)Can hardly wait to yak at ya. Love, Mirm