Thursday, April 21, 2005

Old Stomping Grounds

Just did a SketchUp Training session at the firm I used to work at... Cranberry, Heavens, Right-o and Platypus Architects.

It was really fun to see those guys again.
Most of them were surprised to see me step in the door.
They knew I had a side-gig with SketchUp since I had told them even before I left… but it still caught some of them off their guard.

In fact, someone (no one really knows who – nor would tell if they did) was actually MAD that I came and gave the training. That same someone called Boulder CO. (headquarters of @Last Software) and told them off.
Reasons unknown... personal problems if you ask me.
Weird.

I gave them the best training they could get for SketchUp and for some reason someone didn’t appreciate it.

Some peoples kids.

I read a scripture this morning that reminded me of the whole situation:
Jesus said, “A prophet is not welcome in his own hometown”.
Luke 4:24

4 comments:

Kurt said...

You've got to be kidding me. I wish I knew who would do such a thing. Any hints you can drop in the comments?

Anonymous said...

Think about IT. I asked if you were teaching the class while the computers were being set up and the reply was "I hope not".

Mr. Trashcan thought you did an excellent job.

Miriam said...

Perhaps someone was jealous with your bold move to be on your own. Some people don't know how to deal with other's success.

Anonymous said...

Ditto Mr. Trashcans review of the training. Someone was mad. Hmm...It wasn't anyone in the traing session.

By the way, the short form name of the firm is Hamburger Heaven.