Sunday, January 07, 2007

5-Mile Run


Time to commit to running again this year.

I admit I have slacked and not run nearly as much as I should have – but yesterday was a great start. A friend of mine went on a 5-mile run around an incredible park yesterday.

Mariners Museum in Newport News Virginia

We both ran for our high-schools back years ago and have run tons since, but he has really kept up where I have slacked – and it really showed up yesterday.

Sheesh.

I was dogging along, but made the full 5 miles. His encouragement was to simply run more often – even a mile or two twice a week and a longer run on the weekends. I’ve decided to give it a shot.

What do I have to lose?

Like everything else in my life right now – there is only one way to go, and that is up.

Good luck to all of you who have decided to ‘kick it up a notch’ this year.

No comments: