Friday, July 04, 2008

Well Pump - Well Water

Dude - You are a genius!!!
A year and a half ago, when I bought this house - the guy mentioned that there was a WELL PUMP, but that it didn't work... so I figured I would just put it on BACK BURNER until I had a day with nuthin' to do.
That day was today.
I got a wild-hair and decided to get it working.
I first located the hose the pump was connected to and also what looked like the PVC intake waterline (white pipe by the fence).





Then I located the pump in the back corner of the garage.
I wiped off the dust and found the found the MFG name and number.
The pump look in pretty good shape despite the spiderwebs and dust.





A quick internet search took me to a zillion websites about how these things actually work.
I narrowed my search to something more specific.."WHY PUMP ISN'T PUMPING".
I used my Secret Squirrel problem-solving-skills and decided it needed PRIMING.
The tiny pixelated image they showed didn't help much - but the step by step instructions did.
1. remove priming plug (if you can find it).
2. fill pump and suction pipe with water (riiiiiight).
3. replace plug
Sounded easy enough - so I removed what I guessed was the plug - added about 8cups of water, replaced the cap... and flipped the switch.

BAHDA BING... I'm watering my lawn now with icy cool fresh well water!
Thank you Thank you - I'll be in town all week.
=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me I know what you mean Miker the Biker about finding a zillion websites when searching for info on well pumps. I had been looking around for Goulds and/or Grundfos submersible well pumps and water tanks; I finally found one great site well pumps I know it can sometimes be difficult to find a good place to find submersible well pumps and tanks; especially Goulds and Grundfos, so I thought I would put the link to where I am using up in hopes it may help you or someone else some day in their search for well pumps and tanks of any type, residential, agricultural, or irrigation, of use.

Unknown said...

Cheers!
Great post! Very informative.
Thanks for possibility to write on your website,
it's great!
I’m still hoping there will be more posts on this site.
Thanks a lot!

geothermal wells new hampshire