Monday, January 19, 2004

On the Roof

It's been extremely cold out at night around here.. and yet I had to get the satellite dish up and running.
NO... it's not for better football coverage for the Super Bowl... though that would be nice.
We've got a direct link with the satellite dish to Bob Jones University for some of my kids home-school classes... and so to keep them up and running [they personally aren't in a hurry].. I've got to get it working.
Here's the history:
satellite was working fine.
Hurricane Isabel came thru and nearly ripped the dish off the roof.
Isabel also took about a hundred shingles and distributed them about the neighborhood.
We had our house reroofed [thank God for insurance - the roof was needing replacing anyway!!! :)]
The clown that took the satellite dish off the roof didn't have a clue how to re-install/re-aim it.
I froze my 'you-know-what's" off climbing up there and mounting it to the 8:12 sloped roof.
I need to figure out where the actual satellite is in the sky and somehow aim the dish in it's general vicinity.

This CAN'T be rocket science... I mean... there are high-school kids mounting these for summer jobs!
I should be able to do it...
Just how precise do I need to aim... we'll see?
Either I will figure it out... or I will pay the $ to have it done...
But I'm not going to give-up until I at least TRY ....for crying out loud!!!
:)

No comments: