Thursday, January 08, 2004

Post Vacation Blues

It's a natural phenomenon.
Really.
When people take off serious amounts of time and then return... their brain makes the connection that the continuous good times have come to an abrupt end.
Depression, anger, even quitting are common symptoms.
Simply returning from vacation can cause it...
Going home for the evening doesn't usually do it... but there have been some extreme cases that were aided by large amounts of alcohol and sleep depravation linked to this phenomenon.
Weekends will and often cause people to say stuff like... "I'm allergic to Mondays" or "To Hell with this."
People that return from 4-day weekends often take multiple cups of coffee to get rolling and several trips to the uplifting/inspiring poster in the hall to help them slip back into denial.
I personally review my list of other professions I turned down until the coffee kicks in and the 'Blues' subside.
This year has been pretty good.
I've only considered owning a pet store twice, moped rental once and am getting by on 2 cups of coffee a day.
I remember co-miserating once with my office friends when this guy [foreigner] walked by and interjected with a smile on his face... "I don't know what you guys are complaining about... I'm just happy to HAVE a job."
:)
We referred him to this website... www.despair.com

No comments: