Thursday, July 22, 2004

I Rolled my Car!!!

Well, actually it wasn't a car... it was a... sand rail (big boys go-cart)!
A friend of mine has a bunch of property south of here in Chesapeake VA and invited me to test drive his newest toy!
 
I was racing around in his oversized go-cart yesterday and rolled it on a sharp corner!
Here's the story:

Mud was flipping up all over the place off the two front tires.  Without a windshield I was getting the flipping mud in my face!  
I blasted down a straight-away and slammed it into a hard left turn... I was sliding pretty good and mud was going everywhere... and then the over-inflated tires caught on some grass or possibly a hedgehog and the whole left side lifted off the ground.
I couldn't compensate and steer right to get it to come back down 'cause there were trees ahead... so I just held on tight and went for a full 360 roll!!!
 
Thank God for roll bars!
It was fantastic!
 
The engine cut off and I was glad not to be bursting onto flames... but that only happens in the movies.
I finished the rest of the course / track with no incident... except for a chicken that got in the way - I swerved around it out of sheer kindness in my heart... and I also found that I was slowing down into corners a bit.
:)
My shoulder is killing me today... I think I pulled a muscle.
 
But as I always say... Whatever doesn't KILL you only makes you STRONGER!
 
Good thing I'm married to a Physical Therapist!!!!

No comments: