Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finally Got some Tail


It's been 9 months and I finally got some tail.

I was riding my motorcycle along the Colonial Parkway.
This is one of the best places to ride your bike in Virginia; tree covered road, along a river, cars few and far between. A must.

Anyway, I was riding along and I passes a racoon - roadkill.
I quickly pulled over and walked back.. with my trusty Buck knife, I cut off the tail.
I was hoping to tie it to the back of my Harley so it could flap in the wind as I rode.. but after I went on the internet to research what it actually takes to make the tail 'usable'.. I perished the thought.

The taxidermist website said I had to: split it full length with a knife, remove the tail bone and all meat, salt the hide for 3 days (scraping and reapplying salt each day) and then soak it in Borax so the bugs wouldn't eat it. And it would be stiff, unless I took it one more step and actually TANNED it with some chemicals.

NOT GUNNA HAPPEN... They only cost $3.50 on Ebay.

No comments: