Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Motorcycle in the Rain


This time of year short bursts of torrential downpour come without warning.
I was out riding my Harley the other day and got caught in some cats-n-dogs.
Raindrops the size of grapes were pelting me and luckily I wasn’t going fast. I have found that above 40 miles per hour these sting pretty hard. The rain soaked my shirt, pants, underwear, everything. The rain was running down my legs and into my boots.. by the time I got where I was going, my boots were completely FULL of water. I sat down and poured the water out and rung out my shirt before going inside.

It was quite an adventure.

This may sound weird, but I liked it.. being totally soaked and free. It seems that unpredictable things like this don’t happen often enough, and I welcomed it.

No comments: