Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Fishtank of Death

I can't believe it myself.
I took an hour yesterday cleaning out my fishtank and it's totally, no kidding, totally green and cloudy today.

The two remaining fish must really wonder what I'm up to.
You can tell they are alive because every now and then they come over and press their noses against the glass.
My kids get all excited and spread the news that they made it another day... sick I tell ya.

Usually the tank lasts for a week or two before it clouds up... but I must confess... I didn't do a totally thorough job this time.
I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't take out the rocks and scrub each one.

I drained the water, dragged out the sorry suckers [two overworked algae eaters], rinsed the plastic vegetation, even put in a new filter and new treated water... but didn't mess with the rocks.
Dang.
Anyway... the cruel experiment goes on and on.
:)

No comments: