Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dog Gone It

Dog Gone.
Skipper the Nipper is out of our home.
We had several episodes of his 'Dominance' where he nipped our friends.
He wasn't BITING them.. he clearly could have done damage... but rather, he was NIPPING them - to put them lower on the pecking order in our home.

My wife's sister left with two bandaids on her nose after she had simply bent over to pet Skipper. He lurched into her face and his tooth cut her nose.
Sheesh.

Obedience training didn't work either.
After recent training, he would sit, stay, laydown, etc., but he attempted another NIP just last week.
I was petting him and saying "GOOD DOG" for not barking in the house at a friend that was visiting. My buddy bent over and pet skipper on the head right next to me and BAM.

I was able to catch Skipper in mid-air by the lower jaw.
Don't ask my how I was able to move faster than him...
May be a remnant from my time in THE MATRIX.

You think that's air you're breathing?

Anyway... The next morning (last Saturday) we took a ride back to the SPCA where we got him back in February.

Happy Trails Dude... just can't trust you in our home when we are always inviting friends over that have little kids.

No comments: