Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Eminent Journey

I've got a journey ahead...

For most of my life I have been self sufficient (though I know God has guided and strengthened me along the way). I tend to always do things in my own strength... and recently have 'seen the errors in my ways'. I'm finally exhausted of coming around full circle time and time again. I find myself at the same spot I was only a year or so ago... again.
I liken my life right now as one living on one side of a great forest. A forest of immeasurable thickness and unknown width. On the other side lies an incredible land of unfathomable riches and glory and peace and all else that appeals to me and God.
Being too ragged to walk another 'loop', and not knowing what lies ahead - I have decide to enter the forest in an attempt to reach the other side.
If I die in the forest - I will at least have attempted to reach the other side - and I count it as gain.
My own selfish heart is in hopes the forest isn't too wide... but I am going to let that feeling go as well.
And I am fully aware it's a 1-way trip... God knows I don't want to be here again.

I feel the first branches of the thicket brushing on my shoulders as I enter.. It's going to be quite a journey.

I've got a handful of promises as my only supplies.
One of which is...
Psalm 23

2 comments:

Pastor Torch said...

I grew up in the forest. A forest is the most beautiful place I know of. There is more peace and more wonder and more surprises there than anywhre else on earth. Climbing along fallen tree trunks, hopping over small streams of water. Coming into a small clearing and seeing the sun break through in full force again. Climbing a steep hill and getting a real birds-eye view of the country that is round about it. These are just the beginning of the wonders that await a hiker through the woodlands.

Keep your eyes peeled and you might see a majestic deer or elk or mouse, a wonder to behold. With some luck you will avoid the rattlesnake the poison oak and poison ivy. There is not much else to cause any grief. An ill timed visit by bear or wolf might frieghten you a bit, but these creatures want to leave you alone as much as you want to leave them alone. So they tend not to be pests in any way.

The forest is truely a marvel, plung in and enjoy the journey... just... uh... don't forget your compas!

Beau Turner said...

Getting outside of ones comfort zone (or this cycle) to try something new can only lead to change (for better or worse). If you stay in the same circle of life it is pretty easy to imagine what will happen in another year.

Even if the "worse" were to occur would you be in a better position for having made the change?