Tuesday, December 05, 2006

First Night

Well... I spent my first night in my own home.
This was the first time I've ever spent a night in my own home that only I owned.
I had never purchased a place of my own before I went into the Navy - and got married from there. So now that I am divorced, (you see where this is going) I spent my first night in my own home.. alone.

IT STINKS!

Yet.. There are levels to stink you know:
(being alone stinks - starting over from scratch only stinks half way - uncertainty is fairly neutral smelling, but looking ahead to new adventures smells pretty good.)

My sister reminded me of a great song by Rufus Wainwright - "One Man Guy". I'm a one man guy - and that guy is ME.

I told her (my sister) about an incredible woman I recently met - and my sister suggested I play Rufus' other song - "Hallelujah"!

Sisters are great - they know just how to lift you up when you are down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Great to hear that you are in your "New Home", life has lot's of stinky stuff to it but thank God lot's of sweet smelling days to. I just got your note re: your blogging again and thought I would make one slight correction to your home page.... For your information your Mom thinks you are way beyond OK and I do to.
Burk ( in sunny Calif. where you can ride your bike without getting wet:)

Pastor Torch said...

If i still have the E-mail, I'll forward you a copy.. but the short version is about a woman who got divorced and spent her last night in the familey house -alone-. After eating about half her serving of shrimp and caviar, she went through the house depositing bits and bites of the remaining portion into the cutin rods. Her x-husband and new wife took up living in the house the very next day. Three days latter the stench began to hit. They tried everything to get rid of it, but nothing worked. They decided to sell the house, but after one whif, and no realitor would touch it. After about a mouth, the guy gets a call from his ex. He tells her all about the stench and trouble, she just listens. When he tells her about wanting to sell, she makes him an offer... way below market, but he jumpped on the deal.

The story ends with her arriving back at the house, after the papers were all signed, and watched as her x-husbands movers emptied the house of his belongings. She noted with a certain grin, that they even took the cutain rods!