Monday, December 22, 2003

18 Years

I can’t believe it either. 18 loooooooooong years! :)
I remember Indiana Jones saying, “It’s not the years… it’s the miles.”.
My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary by doing the normal 18-year anniversary thing… we went rock climbing. Doesn’t everyone do that?
It was great.
There is a nearby indoor rock-climbing gym with a great facility.
One of the rock faces we climbed had about a 6 foot overhang [about 30 feet up or so]. The instruction we got was to keep our feet on the rocks somehow and NOT to hang like a monkey.
Well… my legs slipped and there I was, hanging by two rocks.
I lifted my legs back up but couldn’t get them to stick… and my forearms didn’t want to move either.
Dang.
So I came down the rope [belay].
Then my wife goes and climbs the wall like a gecko!
She had some difficulty on the overhang too, but managed around and up the rest of the face.
She rocks!
I swore to get back and do it again sometime… we even made plans to visit once a month.
Together! I hope this is a new thing for us… I really like it and spending quality time with her is great too.
We love the kids and all, but it’s nice to hang out together… just us.
We finished the evening off with some coffee at Starbucks and some very well prepared Vietnamese food.
Happy Anniversary Baby… Got you on my mind.

No comments: