Monday, December 08, 2003

Sea of Sedan

Didn't see a single Hummer today.
No Mazerattis, no Porches, no Lamborghinis, no Corvettes... nothin'.
I drove home in the drizzly rain in a sea of sedans.
There was an SUV or a pickup here and there... but I would say 90% of America owns a car that looks pretty much like everyone else's car.
Do you remember when we were kids and you would ride in your parents sedan with your nose on the side window?
You and your siblings [usually boys do this] calling out car makes.
"There's a Chevy."
"That one's a Ford."
"Hey, I see a Dodge, no wait... it's a Chevy."
Kids these days just don't do that... all the cars look the same.
It's like... who cares.
Do kid's count cows still? You know... driving thru the country... you take the left side and I take the right... whoever gets a hundred cows wins... and a horse erases all your cows!
We used to play the Alphabet game too. Pulling A-Z off of signs, billboards, license plates... anything - to see who could get thru the alphabet first. I STILL play that game! My kids love it and even wanna try it on our way to church on Sunday.
Most kids I see these days are playing with a Gameboy or have earphones on... mostly so they don't hear their parents.
Sad.
Crazy how things change.

No comments: