Friday, December 26, 2003

NON-Fiasco Christmas

One would think that Christmas at our home would be a fiasco… 6 kids and all… but it was incredible.
Sure the kids were up at the crack of dawn and woke us up 6:30… but it was our youngest son that slowed up the whole ‘presents’ thing. We finally dragged him down around 5 til’ seven. He perked right up when he realized what was amiss!
If you recall, the kids made each other presents.
And that was the absolute thrill of the morning.
Each child had their chance to present their hard work to the others one at a time.
The greatest fun I got was not just watching the kids open and squeal with joy at the gifts… but to watch the ‘giver’ squeal as the present was well taken. Awesome. Priceless.
The home-made stuff ranged from stuffed animals to a ‘carrot’ mobile and I even got a game [box, tokens, game board, and instructions!!!]
My youngest son, 3 years old, realized a few days ago that the others were wrapping gifts and placing them under the tree… so he began wrapping his own gifts. He wrapped a sippy cup for our baby… I wish it hadn’t had juice in it. He wrapped his own stuffed animals for the kids [which he quickly retrieved upon their opening]. I was in hopes of finding my glasses, which disappeared about the time he started wrapping!?
I’m sure they will turn up here pretty soon.
I haven’t looked ON the Christmas tree yet… they may be an ornament!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
God Bless You Everyone.

No comments: