Saturday, March 05, 2011

Capturing some Rainwater


I watered all the plants in the house today with captured RAIN WATER!

Hey look at me being all GREEN and all!
LOL.
Heather and I had looked in to purchasing a large garden urn that had a hose attached (gravity fed) to capture rainwater and then use it for plants... well... We had a large bucket in the garage that had some sports equipment in it.. and I figured it would work just fine in the interim.

The bucket works fine as you can see here below.  The rain spout goes all thew way to the bottom of this bucket.  The green you see growing around the rim is just a little algae and is expected.

I have a nice little watering can that fits nicely down into this large bucket for filling and watering  the house plants.  So there you go... Heather and I are doing our little part to save the world.

No comments: