Friday, March 04, 2011

Reduce Caffeine Intake?



Ok… I’m going to do it.
I am going to cut back on caffeine.
I don’t see myself going fully off caffeine any time soon, but the time has come to cut back.
As crazy at it may seem, and there is no obvious cause.. but I think I have an ulcer.  Heather thinks that the whole stress of my divorce and constantly having to communicate with the spawn of Satan… has created and is maintaining a nice little ulcer.  When I eat acidic foods.. I get a heartburn feeling and need to eat Tums.  2 Tums have been working.  But every day?  That just doesn’t seem right.  I am going to reduce the number of cups of coffee I drink significantly and see if that helps.
This morning we brewed half and half (decaf and regular) and it seems to be working.  I am also going to lay off the chips/salsa for a while and anything spicy.  I guess those hot wings last weekend were NOT in my favor.. I had to eat 4 Tums after that.

So here I go.
A new chapter.

I am in hopes that the ulcer goes away.. and that I don’t have to reduce my beer intake either!  One beer a day, missing a day here and there is my current beer drinking rate.. and I don’t plan to reduce thi!.
It seems OK.   And who says beer is acidic anyway.  Perhaps I will stick to Wheat Beers!
Anyway.

I’ll let you know how it goes…  Time will tell.

No comments: