Sunday, March 06, 2011

Steak for Take-Out??



I guess I've been in the dark ages.. because yesterday when Heather suggested we order a full Steak Dinner Take-Out.. I had never heard of such a thing.

She said, "Sure.. check this out."

She logged onto the Outback Steakhouse website... typed in our zip code and then picked a location (right down the street from our house).  The menu popped up for the Main EntrĂ©e.  We clicked on Prime Rib steak (8oz) with Crab Cakes...then answered a question about how we wanted it cooked (medium).  A pop up next wanted to know what we wanted for a side dish.. so I picked a loaded backed potato.  It asked if we wanted a salad and I naturally said YES and picked the type of salad and dressing (drop down selections that had everything from peppercorn to vinaigrette).  They tried to convince us to buy drinks too, but we had some beer in the fridge... so I declined.

We followed the same procedures for Heather and her selections.

When done... we clicked on the button that said.. "We'll bring cash."  And then it asked us when we wanted it to be done!!  We picked a time about half an hour away.. then the total cost came up on screen.
We answered one last question about what make and model of car we had and then it said, "See ya later".

Unbelievable.

We grabbed some cash at the ATM on the way and when we pulled up, this young waitress walks over to our car, pet our dog Rosie in the back window and says... "Mike, your meal is almost ready. "

I nearly freaked.
OH.. nearly forgot.. when she brought our food out.. the girl gave Rosie a doggie biscuit.  Go Figure.
I tipped well.

The food was hot.. and good.  They even tossed in 20 free Hot Wings which I think was a total accident.. And since we didn't notice it until we got home... they tasted great.

So.. welcome to the world of technology and "You can order just about anything in the world" on the internet.

2 comments:

Mary aka Mom said...

Yum!!! Amazing that Rosie got a treat too! We have gotten take out from there before, too...but not steak and not for a long time. Makes me want to try it again!

Unknown said...

The only issue I have with this was pulling a beautiful steak dinner out of Styrofoam containers.

It was just weird.

Once it all got on the plates, it was fine. Good fun test of technology..but I think next time I will endure the 30-45min wait and have a seat in the restaurant.

=)