Friday, June 11, 2004

Pet Update

Eggs
Maya [cockatiel] has 3 eggs now... and probably laying another today.
I wired a make-shift plastic nest into the cage and she is using it!!!
She lined it with tissue and is taking turns sitting on the eggs with Rico... the daddy.
Maya is eating the plaster off the wall behind the cage - a good thing I think. She's getting her necessary calcium.
I think.
What is in plaster anyway?

One Legged Gecko
I had to separate the lizards.
Papa lizard was continuing to hurt Mama... [but her tail nearly off] so I build a nifty little separator wall out of wire mesh.
It effectively divides the 20 gallon tank into 2 separate lizard environments.
Mama hasn't been the same... it's like battered women... the love the guy that is hitting them.
Anyway... she isn't eating and it's only a matter of time unless she gets counseling.

No comments: