Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Sand Soccer and Swim Suits

What a fun departure from typical soccer.
My kids were involved in a Sand Soccer Tournament in Virginia Beach this past weekend.
It was great fun for all.
The game is 4 and a goalie against 4 and a goalie on a significantly smaller field - if I had to guess it would be 40 x 60 feet or so. Dinky for soccer.
It was lightening fast despite being in deep dry soft sand. The ball must be airborne to go anywhere - on the sand it rolls a few feet and stops.
At one point in the game the two goalies were throwing the ball at each other, each attempting to make a goal!
They broke the game into thirds rather than quarters and took a 1 minute break in between each.
My kids loved it... though their team lost the tournament.

We all ran over to the ocean surf between games to cool off.
Sand castles, waves, beach soccer... perfect weather [partly cloudy with a nice cool breeze].

In the car on the way home I had this glassy look on my face.
My wife looked over and said "What... is anything wrong?"
I said, "Too many boobs."
She smiled. She knows I'm a man and that I love her more than anyone in the whole world.
Still...
I tell ya, it's tough for a guy with integrity when the swim suits all come bouncing by...
Woof.

No comments: