Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Fort Copperhead

My kids helped me move the wood pile that the copperhead was hiding in.
We carefully lifted each peice and relocated it into the woods... no snake.
Good and Bad.
I wanted to terminate it because now I know it lurks around the yard/woods behing our house.
Bummer.
We relocated the wood pile behind our property in the woods... we stacked it up around some elevated planks and made the coolest fort! I fully expect the snake will return to reside under the new fort, but that's actually fine... since the cracks are too small for the snake to get a bite on our feet!

Fun was had by all... expecially when we found 10 wood beetles and some skinks.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

So, what did you do with the beetles and skinks? Serve them over noodles?

Unknown said...

No silly... we turned all the beetles on their backs so they couldn't escape and the skinks all got away.
I'll go check on the beetles later!