Friday, November 21, 2003

Forgot

[prior reading suggested - "Architect gone Mechanic" - 20nov03]

I waited patiently for my new silicone sealed gasket to cure - 24 hours.
Filled the cooling system with some good ol' green anti-freeze [50% water too - see I can learn].
Reconnected the battery - not normally part of the procedure, but if I don't disconnect my battery terminal each evening... well, it goes dead. Something to do with a 'phantom power drain'. But that's another issue.
Where was I , oh yeah... I waved good day to my wife and kids and drove off down the street... pouring green slimy coolant all the while.
For some reason I stopped at the corner to look under for leaks. ~ I hate having a habit of looking or problems with my car... but must get over it... I've done it too long now to quit.
Anyway... I barely made it back home.
Seems I FORGOT to tighten up the 2" hose that connects the water pump to the radiator.
Good grief.
REMINDER: Get a mechanic. Pay him well.

No comments: