Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Turning Over a New Leaf

I got up this morning and re-aimed my headlights and washed my car.
Yep. It hadn't been washed in 2 years and was beginning to get moss on the north side.
[The line about a rolling stone isn't true if you park in the same place every day].

I've decided to turn over a new leaf.
I've decided to fill up the tank before the idiot light says I'm out of gas.
I've decided to change the oil before the engine overheating light comes on too.
I'm going to put brake fluid in before I roll thru an intersection and change the brake pads before that awful grinding sound starts.
I'm going to put steering fluid in while I can still turn the car with both arms and I'm going to put water in the radiator before I see steam.
I'm going to put air in the tires before I see the steel belts coming thru and I'm going to change the transmission fluid before it starts slipping out of gear.

That's it.
I've finally reached the conclusion that living on the edge of a vehicle disaster is slowly killing me.
All this started not because I had a bad dream or a bad counseling session either...
And its not one of my dormant multiple personalities just waking up.

It's because my car failed the state inspection two weeks ago and the list was quite long!!!
And I really need the car to last me another year.

I used to be better, honest... but 6 kids tend to rearrange your priorities!
:)

No comments: