Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Hydrogenation or Bust

Today's blog is dedicated to my wife who I don't believe has ever read any of these - yet.
Who knows, you may be the first and only person to ever read this too.
:)

Can't find anything processed in my frig anymore... or in the cupboard either for that matter.
My wife has recently found a new quest in life. She is single-handedly removing any processed food that has hydrogenate oils in it from our diet.
Something about trans-fatty acids.
She's got the power to do it too since I can only make toast, no wait... I can boil water for spaghetti too.
I wish I had the article she read, but apparently there is a direct connection between hydrogenated oils and cancer.
FDA will quickly deny anything I'm sure - so companies don't go out of business. But processed food is killing us all.
I know, I know... you gotta die of something.
I always thought I would die of old age, but now-a-days, there is a much greater chance that you die of cancer than anything else.
I think it's up to 1 in 3... which means you probably know someone that has cancer or has died already.
I'm not trying to scare anyone, I just think it's pretty crazy how in the past few years, sooooo much of our diet has turned to processed foods.
When I was a kid, we had a garden and mom made bread at home.
When the 'twinkie' hit the market, sure, we all got one in our Kung-Fu lunchboxes.
It's been downhill ever since.
Yeah, ya gotta die of something... but why hurry it along?!
I think the very first twinkie ever produced is still on a shelf... and looking mighty fine I might add... and probably will be for many years after we are gone. Here are some Twinkie Trials.
:)

No comments: