Friday, May 07, 2004

Chinee Foo

I have taught my kids to say "Chinee Foo" instead of Chinese Food and they love it.
No disrespect intended by dropping the last sounds/letters... that's just how I hear it!
:)
My kids eat the stuff up - even the red hot chili peppers swimming in the Sechuan dishes!
We call them 'Bay Sharks' - they have a bite.
Anyway...
Yesterday we decided to all go out for Chinee Foo and eat AT the restaurant.
The place is an awesome little family run take-out place, but has a couple tables if you wanna sit.
And we always do.
The owners come out and chat with us and we tell them it's the best chinee foo we've ever had.
And it is.
I called ahead to have the order ready when we got there... and it's always waiting for us.. they are quick.
Well, we arrived and all piled in... but no food.
They warmly greeted us... but didn't know of any "foo yoo orde".
I looked at the number I had dialed and sank... I hand inadvertently called the wrong place [their sister restaurant].
I had to make a quick decision either to order here and wait while the other restaurant had a NO-SHOW... or to wave good-bye and eat down the block.
Problem faced - problem solved.
We left and enjoyed the "foo down brock".
No feelings hurt at all... turns out the same guy runs them both.
:)
Great foo was eaten by all... with chopsticks of course.

No comments: