Monday, May 24, 2004

Jamaica Pie Auction

What an incredibly great idea for a fund raiser!
Our church, Community Church of Chesapeake, is sending a second team to Jamaica this summer.
Similar trip as last year - Practical help for utter poverty and Spiritual Help since everyone needs to know their maker before they meet Him.
:)
To help fund the trip we had as many people donate pies to be auctioned - 40 pies showed up.
Fresh bakes Strawberry, Cherry, Apple and Peach pies... Chocolate, Cheesecake and even a Shepherds Pie!
It was a great showing of church members too.
A friend and I were nominated the 'auctioneers' and we had a total blast of fun for about an hour and a half.
I nearly lost my voice from all the auctioneers talk'.
The average pie went for around $100 and one even sold for $320 bucks!
My wife and I bid on and won 4 pies - the best of which [for me] is a fresh Home-made Blueberry Pie [my wife says the Dutch Chocolate Pie is by far the winner]... regardless... We dine well tonight, knowing that these are the most expensive pies we have ever eaten!
And also knowing that it all goes to a great cause!

We followed the auction with a talent show where anyone could show off their talents.
We laughed for another half hour at least... and fun was had by all.

Jamaica here we come... we raised well over $6000 for the trip.

No comments: